Email: [email protected]
Mr. Abromitis is a shareholder of Lavery, Selvaggi, Abromitis & Cohen, who has practiced law in the State of New Jersey for nearly 25 years.
Mr. Abromitis concentrates in commercial litigation, civil litigation, community association law, business law, personal injury litigation, transportation & logistics, contract law and real estate. He was admitted to the New Jersey Bar and the United States District Court for the District of New Jersey in 1994. In 2007, Mr. Abromitis was named to the “40 Under 40” by The New Jersey Law Journal, which recognizes the accomplishments of younger lawyers.
Mr. Abromitis earned a Baccalaureate Degree in Business Logistics from the Pennsylvania State University. He earned his Juris Doctorate from the Thomas M. Cooley Law School, where he graduated cum laude, was a member of the Law Review, and was a Dean's List Scholar. In 1993, Mr. Abromitis was the Law Clerk to the Honorable Karen D. Russell, Presiding Civil Judge of the Morris/Sussex Vicinage of the New Jersey Superior Court.
Over the course of his career, Mr. Abromitis has successfully prosecuted and defended numerous civil actions on behalf of individuals, as well as public and private entities. He has been at the forefront of numerous cases involving public policy, including challenging the constitutionality of the New Jersey Highlands Act. He also has been involved in numerous matters involving his representation of community associations against lenders for unpaid maintenance assessments owed for units which the lender has foreclosed upon, but has not yet proceeded to Sheriff's Sale.
Mr. Abromitis is or has been a member of the Community Associations Institute, American Bar Association, New Jersey State Bar Association, Warren County Bar Association, the Transportation Lawyers Association, the New Jersey Motor Truck Association, the Traffic Club of Newark and the Pennsylvania State University Alumni Association. He was the President of the Warren County Bar Association from 2012-2013, and has also served on the Civil Practice Committee and the Business and Commercial Litigation Committee of the New Jersey State Bar Association.
Mr. Abromitis has been involved in various civic and charitable organizations, including the Hackettstown Rotary Club where he was named a Paul Harris Fellow. He has also served on the Board of Directors of the Warren County Regional Chamber of Commerce and the Board of Family Promise of Warren County, and was a youth softball coach for many years.
AREAS OF PRACTICE
- Commercial Litigation
- Business Litigation
- Personal Injury Litigation
- Insurance Defense
- Real Estate
- Community Association Law
- Transportation & Logistics
Thomas M. Cooley Law School
- Lansing, MI
- J.D., 1993
- Honors: Cum Laude, Dean's List Scholar, Member-Cooley Law Review
Pennsylvania State University
- University Park, PA
- B.S. Business Logistics, 1989
- Warren County Bar Association
- New Jersey State Bar Association
- Business and Commercial Litigation Committee
- Community Associations Institute
- American Bar Association
- New Jersey State Bar Association
- Transportation Lawyers Association
- New Jersey Motor Truck Association
- Traffic Club of Newark
- Pennsylvania State University Alumni Association
- Civil Practice Committee
- Hackettstown Rotary Club
- Paul Harris Fellow
- Warren County Regional Chamber of Commerce
- Board of Directors
- Board of Family Promise of Warren County
- Youth Softball Coach
- Miller v. Estate of Sperling, 326 N.J. Super. 572 (App. Div. 1999)
- Washington v. Market Transition Facility, 295 N.J. Super. 368 (App. Div. 1996)
- “40 Under 40” – New Jersey Law Journal (2007)
- Paul Harris Fellow (2008) – Rotary International